**PLEASE NOTE** An upgrade to eIRB was released in May, 2023.
Click here for more information regarding the upgrade.
eIRB is Wake Forest University’s web-based system for processing human research applications. Investigators can complete, submit, amend, renew, and track their applications from anywhere with a secure internet connection.
- Review the IRB’s Policies and Procedures, Investigator’s Guide, Data Classification Definitions, and Templates & Additional Resources for guidance.
- Apply to the Reynolda Campus IRB via eIRB.
- Please note that this is a new link effective February 28, 2022. Links bookmarked prior to this date will not work! Please contact email@example.com if you have trouble accessing eIRB with the new link (https://irbreynolda.wakehealth.edu/reynolda).
- Investigators whose research requires the review and approval of the WF School of Medicine IRB should log in to eIRB via this link and select Wake Forest Baptist Health.
- Any substantive changes to the original application must be made via an application amendment. Changes to personnel are also made via amendment.
- Create an application amendment to change the Principal Investigator and/or non-WFU collaborators.
- Create a personnel amendment to add or remove Student Co-Principal Investigator, Study Coordinator, Co-Investigators, or Other Team Members.
- Before the approval term expires, submit either a continuing review or annual update to keep the study open. Request study closure and submit the final report to close the application in eIRB.
- Retain IRB records and accompanying documentation for as long as they are scientifically useful or three years after study closure, whichever is longer, before destroying them.
- Please note that most applications (those that qualify for Flex, Exempt, or Expedited level review) can be submitted anytime and are reviewed in the order submitted. Applications requiring review by the Full Board must be submitted at least one week before the meeting date to be considered for the agenda.
- IRB meetings are routinely held monthly; however, if there are no agenda items requiring Full Board review, the meeting may be cancelled.
Documents needed for eIRB
- Study team members must upload a CV, resume, or biosketch (DOC).
- Any questionnaires or surveys used in the research, if applicable
- Informed consent or assent forms, if applicable – see
- Foreign language translations of consents, surveys, etc., if applicable
- Approval letters from supporting organizations or institutions (e.g., public schools), if applicable
- Debriefing scripts, if applicable
- Advertisements and other recruiting materials (includes flyers, emails, social media posts, etc.), if applicable — see Guidance.
IRB, c/o ORSP
306 Reynolda Hall
Wake Forest University
PO Box 7528
Winston-Salem, NC 27109-7528